Starting in January, we will begin our weekly spelling program! Your child will be given a green notebook to keep their spelling words. Every Monday, I will write their spelling words and sentences on the board for them to copy into their notebook (or Tuesday if we are off on Monday). To practice spelling their words, a worksheet will also be sent home where your child can write these words three times each (please make sure that this is not completed in their green notebooks!) This worksheet will be due before their spelling test at the end of the week in order to ensure that they have been practicing. Your child will receive five spelling words for the first week only and ten spelling words from then on (five being review words and the other five being new words). All children will have a spelling test at the end of each week. This test always occurs on a Friday, however could take place on a different day due to it being a short week. ***Tests will take place on a Thursday if Friday is a half day.***
***Children who are absent when the words are given in class should refer to this website and come to school after their absence with their notebook prepared and ready to take the weekly test. Do not have your child go ahead and list the words and sentences in their green notebook. We do this in class together at the beginning of each week.
Spelling words and sentences for the month of March… Week 5 (3/4).... test will be on Thursday, 3/7.
1. come 2. get 3. green 4. with 5. up 6. big 7. make 8. three 9. you 10. did
1. I will come to the party. 2. Doc will get a hug. 3. The grass is green. 4. I will go with Sal. 5. I can hop up the hill.
Week 6 (3/11).....test on Friday, 3/15.
1. help 2. run 3. here 4. read 5. stop 6. make 7. come 8. see 9. with 10. get
1. I can help my mom mop. 2. Dogs like to run fast. 3. I will stop here and sit. 4. I can read and write. 5. The snow did not stop.
Week 7 (3/25)...test on Friday, 3/29.
1. said 2. my 3. will 4. four 5. have 6. here 7. read 8. with 9. help 10. run
1. Dad said to get the bag. 2. My mom can tag the gift. 3. Will you let the cat go?. 4. Two and two is four. 5. I have gas in my car.